Sumycin (Tetracycline) is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections, acne, gonorrhea, chlamydia and others.
Before taking sumycin
Don't take sumycin if you have any of these conditions: allergic to tetracycline or to similar medicines such as demeclocycline, doxycycline or minocycline, liver or kidney disease, pregnant or breast-feeding, less than 8 years old.
Sumycin possible side effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor as soon as possible:
* if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
* severe headache, dizziness, blurred vision
* fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms
* severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash
* urinating less than usual or not at all
* pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness
* severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate
* loss of appetite, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
* easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor if they continue or are bothersome):
* sores or swelling in your rectal or genital area
* mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach upset
* white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips
* swollen tongue, trouble swallowing
* vaginal itching or discharge