Ilosone (Erythromycin) is an macrolide antibiotic used to treat many different types of infections (acne, for example) caused by bacteria.
Before using ilosone
Do not take ilosone if you are if you are allergic to erythromycin or have liver disease or myasthenia gravis.
Ilosone possible side effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor as soon as possible:
* hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
* chest pain, uneven heartbeats, feeling light-headed or fainting
* nausea, stomach pain, low fever, lost appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
* diarrhea that is watery or bloody
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor if they continue or are bothersome):
* mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain
* dizziness, headache, feeling tired
* vaginal itching or discharge
* mild itching or skin rash