Flagyl (Metronidazole) is an antibiotic. It fights bacteria in your body, to treat infections such as abdominal infections, skin and tissue infections, bone and joint infections, gynecologic infections, and respiratory tract infections.
Before taking flagyl
Tell your doctor if you have liver disease, a stomach or intestinal disease, epilepsy or another seizure disorder.
Flagyl possible side effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor as soon as possible:
* an allergic reaction (swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; shortness of breath; closing of your throat; or hives)
* numbness or tingling
* dizziness or loss of coordination
* severe diarrhea
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor if they continue or are bothersome):
* darkening of your urine
* nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite
* an unpleasant metallic taste in your mouth
* constipation or mild diarrhea
* swollen or sore tongue